Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sauceless Pizza



I hate marinara sauce!  Plain and simple, I can do without it and so can my husband.  So, years ago I came up with an alternative.  Sauceless pizza!  And we love it.  My sister asked for the recipe, and here it goes:

Sauceless Pizza

1 pizza crust of your choice - I bake it for about 3 to 5 minutes and remove it.  Just enough to get it started so that it isn't soggy when you add the tomatoes.  Let cool slightly.

2 whole tomatoes, sliced very, very thinly
2 Tbsp. minced garlic  (ok sis you can leave this off since you are allergic)
     (ranch dressing can be used for a nice twist.  Add about 3 Tbsps. and spread.
2 Tbsp. softened butter
2 Tbsp. Basil and 2 Tbsp. Oregano (or use 3 Tbsp. Italian Seasonings)

Spread the butter and garlic on the pizza crust.  Sprinkle with seasonings.  Layer with tomato slices until the entire crust is covered, clear to the edge.

Next I add a light layer of mozzarella cheese.  Then layer with any of these toppings you like or more:

Mushrooms               Onions               Pepperoni               Diced Bell Peppers
Jalapenos                   Cilantro             Bacon                     Green Chiles
and the list goes on and on

Then I top it with a layer of mild cheddar cheese and then another generous layer of mozzarella cheese.  I press the ingredients down lightly with my hands and bake at 375 degrees until top is bubbly and crust is lightly browned. 

My mouth is watering!  I love this stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment