Sunday, April 26, 2015

Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo

Well, it has been a busy weekend.  I sponsored a Writer's Conference on Saturday and was busy all day.  We were famished when we got home and the only thing I had thawed out was some shrimp.  So, I threw together some Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo.  Most people buy canned Alfredo sauce, but I just don't like it.  I make it from scratch, so here it is.

Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo

1/4 small box of Fettuccini noodles
3 Tbsp. Real Butter
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
3/4 can of Evaporated milk

1/4 cup water mixed with 1 heaping Tbsp. cornstarch  (do not stir together until just before you need it) 

Boil Fettuccini noodles in salted water until noodles are tender, but not over-done.  Drain.

In a skillet, melt butter.  Add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.  Sauté 2 or 3 minutes and then pour in the Evaporated milk.  Stir constantly.  Once it comes to a boil, add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickens slightly.  Toss in the boiled and drained noodles. 

* NOTE:  If you are allergic to seafood / shrimp, you can substitute chicken and it is just as fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. I'd even eat these noodles with just the sauce. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Kay and I have before. It is yummy and you can use chicken or pork also.

    ReplyDelete