Monday, April 27, 2015

BBQ Meatballs



Summer is approaching and we will all have those pitch-ins, picnics, reunions and get-togethers to go to.  What to take?  Well, I have a great recipe for BBQ Meatballs.  I have tasted many recipes for these little wonders over the years.  Some I have liked and some not-so-much.  I love homemade BBQ Sauce and never buy store-bought because it is just so easy to make.  Not only do I use this BBQ Sauce recipe on my meatballs, but on chicken, pork, or whatever I want to BBQ.  It is a staple at my house.  You can even make it up, put it in a squeeze bottle and have it in the fridge available at any time.

BBQ Meatballs

In a bowl mix:

3 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
1 egg
1/2 cup Salsa (I use my homemade - will post in the near future)
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes

Mix together well and roll into balls.  Place on a cookie sheet and brown in the oven on 375 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes or until done.

In a crock pot mix:

1 large jar of tomato juice
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 jar Rotel tomatoes, do not drain

Remove meatballs from oven onto a paper towel to drain grease.  Drop into sauce.  Simmer in crockpot on medium for several hours.  Stir occasionally so they do not stick. 

There are never any of these left when I take them to pitch-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment