Friday, April 10, 2015

Let's Make Brisket!

I love to make Brisket for my husband because he makes these mmmmm noises and I can tell his tummy is in a happy place.  He loves my Brisket!  What can I say.  So, I figure I'll share my recipe with you so that you can put your "Person's" tummy in a happy place.

Brisket To Die For!

1 Beef Brisket
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 stick of Real Butter (not margarine)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 bag mini carrots

Hint:  Don't add salt because Brisket is already salty and the Worcestershire is too.  Adding salt will make it entirely too salty.

Put roast in crock pot on low heat.  Add remaining ingredients and fill with water to just about 1" below the top of the Brisket.  Cook for a minimum of 8 hours.

During the last 1 1/2 to 2 hours of cooking you can add small red potatoes and you have a one-pot meal! 

Gravy:  Optional if you want to make a gravy:  I take about 2 cups of the broth off and put it over a medium heat until it comes to a light boil.  Turn off heat and immediately add:  In a small cup I mix 1/4 c water with 2 heaping Tbsp of cornstarch.  Beat together and pour into broth and stir immediately and quickly until gravy forms.

NOTE:  The Real Butter is the key so do not skimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment