Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Best Chicken Salad Recipe EVER




OK, so I'm not just bragging when I say I make fabulous chicken salad.  I get good reviews from my husband and others that they love my chicken salad.  You can make it two ways, the long way, or the short cut way.  So, I will give you both options.

The Best Chicken Salad Ever

2 to 3 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks and sauté in a skillet in butter, salt and pepper until they are cooked through -

or for the cheat version, which is just as good, go to the local deli at Walmart, Kroger or some other place and buy one of those ready-made chickens.  They are already seasoned and you just have to skin them and cut the meat up into chunks.  Of course, my dogs like this version because they get some of the tasty skin.

To the chicken add:
1/4 small onion, diced finely
1/2 stick of celery, diced finely
1 tsp. celery seed
1/2 to 3/4 c. Miracle Whip (enough to make it creamy)
2 tsp. Dijonnaise mayo/mustard blend
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ground pepper
2 boiled eggs, cooled and chopped (optional)
1/4 c. chopped walnuts

Make sure that you add enough Miracle Whip to make it creamy.  If it gets a little thick after being in the refrigerator, just add a couple of Tbsp. of milk to thin it out.  Serve on Croissants or with Ritz Crackers.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I don't think I've ever had Dijonnaise without making it myself. Is that a brand product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Kay. It is a specific brand. You find it with the Condiments and usually it is stuck up on a top shelf. Not always easy to find. It is in a smaller squeeze bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll have to send the hubby after it. He'll be able to get it with his long arms. ;) tee hee!

    ReplyDelete