Friday, May 12, 2017

Pasta Bolognese


Honestly, this is one of the best ways I like to cook pasta.  My husband nor I like marinara sauce...(I know all you marinara lovers are saying WHAT???)  True..we prefer a white sauce.  So, I came up with this wonderful Bolognese that is really fresh and I think you will love it.

Pasta Bolognese

1 lb. lean ground beef
2 small sweet yellow peppers, diced
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
1 heaping Tbsp. Basil Pesto
4 Tbsp. Tomato paste
3 green onions, diced
4 Tbsp. chopped red onion
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
water as needed

2 - 3 cups wide egg noodle pasta. 

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef with all of the ingredients except the pasta.  Boil the pasta in 2 quarts of water with 1 tsp. salt.  Bring to a boil and cook until al dente'.   Drain all of the water from the pasta.  Add to the ground beef mixture and gently stir together to combine.  If the mixture is too dry, add a couple Tbsp. of water. 

Serve topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and some garlic bread on the side.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment