Monday, May 4, 2015

Perfect Deviled Eggs

   
 
Good morning.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  This morning I want to talk to you about Deviled Eggs.  I have had some good ones and I have had some not so good ones.  The key is to make sure your egg is perfectly done and not under or over cooked.  Then we will talk about deviling those little eggs!

Step 1.  The Perfectly Cooked Boiled Egg

Place eggs in deep pan and cover with COLD water (must be cold), to just over the tops of the eggs.  Turn stove on high and place the pan on the burner.  Watch closely and once the water reaches a rolling boil, time the egg to EXACTLY 10 minutes.  Turn off the stove and let the eggs SIT for another 10 minutes.  Drain the water and run under cold water.  Once the eggs have cooled, drain off all water and vigorously shake the eggs in the pan against the sides to loosen the shells.  This won't hurt the eggs and will allow you to just peel away those shells without frustration.

Step 2.  The  Deviling Part

Slice the eggs long-ways around and remove the yolks into another bowl.  Place your egg halves in your container ready to fill.  To yolks, add 1 to 2 heaping Tbsp. Dijonnaise (mustard/mayo blend) and enough Miracle Whip to make your egg yolks creamy, depending on how many eggs you fix.  (the key is to add enough so they are creamy, but not so much that they are runny.  I find most people don't add enough).  I don't add any salt to my eggs, I only add ground pepper. 

Fill eggs, chill for at least an hour and serve.

My Deviled Eggs are simple, but I am the one everyone always asks to bring them to the reunions, get-togethers, holidays, etc.  In fact, my nephew calls me to make SURE I am bringing the eggs.  The Dijonnaise is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment