Friday, May 22, 2015

Cheesy Ground Beef Mushroom Cups



I have a knack for coming home to a semi-empty refrigerator and throwing a meal together out of mostly nothing.  Last night we came home and I had one of those "What am I going to fix for dinner" nights.  I had some hamburger in the freezer so I defrosted it slightly in the microwave and threw together this little recipe.  These are so easy and quick and pretty yummy, I must say.

Cheesy Ground Beef Mushroom Cups

1 lb. ground beef
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 can of water
1/4 onion, diced
2 rolls of refrigerator crescent rolls
2 cups mozzarella cheese

In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion.  Drain.  Add Cream of Mushroom soup and 1/4 of the can of water.  Stir until mixed well and heated through.

In deep Popover or Muffin Baking pan, spray with cooking spray.  Press 2 crescent rolls together and form into each cup until it covers the bottom and sides.  Use all crescent rolls until pan is filled.  Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese in the bottom of each cup.  Ladle in hamburger mixture until it reaches almost the top of each cup.  Sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on top.

Bake in a 350 degree oven until sides turn brown and cheese is melted and bubbly on top.  About 15 minutes.

I serve this with fried potatoes or sometimes mashed potatoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment