Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fried Zucchini


I am always so excited when garden season comes around.  There is nothing like fresh vegetables.  I'm not a big vegetable eater, but with a little creativity, I can get my dose of veggies!  These little crispy nuggets of goodness make my belly go to a happy place!

Fried Zucchini

1 whole zucchini, peeled and sliced into very thin pieces
2 cups of evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (more or less)
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. dill
Oil for frying (375 degrees)

Wash, peel and slice the zucchini into very thin slices.  I use a mandolin, which makes it much easier.  Set out two bowls.  In one bowl pour the evaporated milk.  In the second bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper and dill. 

Start by dipping the zucchini slices into the flour first, and then the milk and then back into the flour.  (If you prefer, you can have a 3rd bowl for the second flour dipping)  I like to make up several and put them on a plate ready to drop into the oil.  

Drop into the hot oil.  How do you know if it is hot without a thermometer?  Drop a sprinkle of the flour into the oil.  If it sizzles, it is ready.  Turn the zucchini once so that they are browned and crispy on both sides.  Remove onto a paper towel to drain.  Add additional salt if desired.  Serve

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment