Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Baked Spaghetti with No Marinara Sauce


It's no secret that neither my husband or I like Marinara sauce.  I love this dish because it is so cheesy and good.  I was never a big fan of spaghetti because of the sauce, but this one, I love.

Baked Spaghetti with NO Marinara Sauce

1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cups spaghetti noodles
1/4 of a white onion, finely chopped
2 green onions, diced
1/4 of a bell pepper, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped into very small pieces
1 Tbsp. sugar
6 cherry tomatoes, diced into 4ths
2 Tbsp. salt + 1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ground pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I use an entire block)

In skillet, brown the ground beef with the white onion, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and bell pepper.  Add salt and pepper. 

In a separate pot, bring 2 quarts of water with 1 tsp. salt to a boil.  Cook until completely done and drain well.  Once the ground beef is done, drain well and pour into the noodles.  Toss well and then add the green onion and 1/2 of the cheese you have shredded.  Mix well and then pour into a baking dish (I use my cast ironed skillet).  Add the remaining cheese on the top. 

Bake in a 375 degree oven just long enough to brown the cheese on the top.  About 10 to 12 minutes.

PS:  If you like it saucier and do like Marinara, just add a 15 1/2 oz. can of crushed tomatoes.

Serve with Sour Cream & Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment