Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Steak and Orzo Stirfry


This is a meal I created just last night.  I had a few pieces of left over roast that I had cut into small chunks. I didn't really feel like beef stew, so I created this.  I had a little Orzo left and when I threw it together, it was fabulous! 

Steak and Orzo Stirfry

8 to 10 pieces of beef chunks, sliced very very thinly
1/2 cup of Orzo pasta
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
4 baby carrots, very thinly sliced
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
water as needed


In a skillet, add 2 Tbsp. butter and the thinly sliced onion, bell pepper and carrots.  Saute' for about 6 to 8 minutes to get the onions translucent and carrots are starting to soften.  Meanwhile, slice the beef chunks very thinly.  Add to the skillet and sauté for about 10 minutes.  (if it starts to get dry, add additional butter and about 4 Tbsp. of water.)

In a separate pan of boiling water (about 4 cups), add the Orzo once the water is boiling.  Boil for about 6 minutes until the pasta is almost completely done.  Drain completely.

Once the steak is tender and about ready, add the drained Orzo into the skillet.  Immediately add the Worcestershire sauce and the ground pepper.  Stir well to combine.  Remove from heat and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment