Monday, February 22, 2016

Crispy French Toast



French Toast is a nice change for breakfast now and then.  Last weekend, I thought I would try something different.  I like crispy things, so I thought I would try to make my French Toast crispy and it was great!  Give it a try

Crispy French Toast

Bowl 1 = 3 large eggs and 3 Tbsp. milk,  1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. sugar  (beat together)
Bowl 2 = 2 cups Panko Japanese Bread Crumbs
Butter 3 to 4 Tbsp. as needed
4 to 6 slices of bread


Butter a griddle or flat skillet.  Dip your bread into the egg mixture on both sides.  Shake off excess and dip it into the Panko Bread Crumbs turn over and cover both sides.  Press down slightly with fingers to make sure they stick to the egg mixture.

Fry on a buttered skillet until both sides are browned and crispy (about 3 minutes per side), over medium heat.

Remove to plate and dust with powdered sugar or top with syrup.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment