Wednesday, February 3, 2016

BBQ Minute Steaks


Once in a while I like to change up my regular beef recipes with a little BBQ sauce.  I have always made my own BBQ sauce and am very picky about it.  Rarely do I find one of the bottled kind that I like.  Try this it is so tender and hearty!

BBQ Minute Steaks

1 pkg. 4 to 6 Minute Steaks
   * I have even bought a large roast on sale and sliced it really thinly with my electric knife to make my own minute steaks

BBQ sauce

1 cup catsup
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix these ingredients together.  Spray an oven-save skillet or pan with cooking spray (I use cast-iron).  Place the steaks into the pan and brush the BBQ sauce onto one side of the steaks (be generous).  Flip and brush the other side of the steaks.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes.  Remove, flip steaks and brush with more BBQ sauce.  Bake another 15 to 20 minutes and remove from oven.   Pour remaining BBQ sauce into a gravy boat or dish and serve along with your minute steaks.

For thicker steaks, you will need to cook these a little longer.  This is also good on Pork.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment