Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Daniel Plan



The Daniel Plan by Pastor Rick Warren:

I need to get healthier, that is a fact.  I don't like many veggies, that is also a fact.  I have a tremendous sweet tooth, that is a big fact!  At one time I weighed 335 pounds...that is also a fact.  I lost well over 100 lbs. over 25 years ago....that is also a fact.  But, the hardest fact to live with is that my weight has continued to rise and fall during the course of those 25 years.  Yes, I have NEVER gotten close to that heavy again and I never want to....however I do teeter back and forth on about 25 pounds and need to lose at least another 40 lbs. to be where I want to be.

I have a strong faith in God and have decided to start The Daniel Plan from Pastor Rick Warren and a few physician friends of his.  I'm not saying this will be THE ONE for me, but since it is faith-based, I am going to give it a shot.  Who is with me?

I bought this book, used, on Ebay for about $5.00 and started reading it today.  If you want to take this journey with me, let's do it.  We aren't going to tell everyone in the world what our weight is (geez no!)....but we are going to work on getting healthier. 

So, look for some healthier recipes, some tips (hopefully), and I suggest you buy the book and let's get started.  Will it work for me/you?  Maybe...maybe not..but it's worth a try.

Daniel Plan - here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment