Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Peach Cobbler

 
 
 I love this Peach Cobber.  It is so good and I add some nuts to make it just a little different from everyone else's cobbler.  I hope you enjoy this...I like it warm with a scoop of ice cream.

Peach Cobbler

1 stick real butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 28 oz. can peaches in heavy syrup
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a large deep baking dish (mine is 13x6x4) melt the butter in the pan in a 350 degree oven.  Remove pan and dump the can of peaches with the syrup into the butter.  (I like to cut my peaches up into smaller bite-sized chunks). 

In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon.  Stir well and slowly stir in the evaporated milk.  It will be thin and smooth like a cake batter.  Pour it evenly over the top of the peaches.  Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.  The dough will rise and it will form a caramel-like crust around the edges. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment