Monday, August 31, 2015

Vidalia Onion Chicken


I am a distributor for Tastefully Simple products and one of my favorite products is their Vidalia Onion salad dressing.  I use it more as an ingredient than as a salad dressing.  This Vidalia Onion Chicken recipe is my favorite way to use it.  It makes the chicken juicy and is so easy.  I also add a little bit of it to my mashed potatoes for a great flavor combination. 

All Tastefully Simple products use no more than 2 ingredients to make them.  They have cheese balls, dips, spices, etc.  If you are interested in any Tastefully Simple products, check them out on line at www.tastefullysimple.com and then let me know by emailing me at countrycookdebi@gmail.com.

Vidalia Onion Chicken

4 to 6 skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle Tastefully Simple Vidalia Onion Dressing (you can also buy this at the 
                grocery in a different brand)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. real butter

I use a cast iron skillet to make this, but you can use any baking dish.  Melt the butter and put in the bottom of the pan to keep chicken from sticking.  Place chicken breasts in pan.  Mix 1/2 bottle Vidalia Onion salad dressing and 1/2 cup water in a bowl.  Pour over chicken breasts making sure all get covered well.  Immediately flip the chicken breasts over to make sure both sides get coated.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

Serve with mashed potatoes and I put about 2 Tbsp. of the Vidalia Onion salad dressing in my mashed potatoes....or pour the sauce from the chicken over them like a gravy.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment