Friday, August 14, 2015

Home Fries



I have never been a big fried potato fan, however two things I do like are hash browns and Home Fries.  Home Fries are easy and hearty.  They are good for breakfast or for dinner....or lunch for that matter.  I think you will enjoy these.

Home Fries

4 to 6 Yukon Gold potatoes (or any other if you prefer)
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
1 tsp. real butter
1/4 small white onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. sea salt

Whether you peel your potatoes or not is totally up to you.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Cut potatoes into small cubes.  Heat oil and butter in skillet and toss in the potatoes.  Add pepper and salt.  Cook for approximately 10 minutes, tossing once or twice to prevent sticking.  Add diced onions and cook another 5 to 8 minutes (or until the potatoes are fork-tender, but still maintain their crispness.

Can be topped with shredded cheddar cheese right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment