Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pork Shoulder Steaks


Pork Shoulder is my absolute favorite cut of meat.  The way I make it, it is very lightly breaded and so juicy.  I think I get my love of pork from my mom.  She has always preferred pork over any other meat.  I hope you enjoy this easy recipe.

Pork Shoulder

4 Pork Shoulder steaks
2 Tbsp. real butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (more may be necessary)
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp. ground pepper
2 tsp. salt

In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper.  On a flat griddle melt the butter and olive oil together.  The butter adds a little flavor to the pork shoulder, but you can leave it off if you prefer.

Place the pork shoulder steaks on the griddle.  You will use your fingers to lightly flour each side of the meat (twice).  You will NOT dip them in the flour.  This way, you don't have a heavy breading.  It makes it light and crispy.

Lightly flour (using your fingers) 1 side of the pork shoulder.  Allow it to cook until it starts to crisp up on the other side and then flip.  Using your fingers, lightly flour the second side.  You will do this twice for each side.  Flip and flour - flip and flour.

You may need to add more oil to the griddle to keep the meat from sticking.  Allow about 5 to 8 minutes per side so that it crisps up.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment