Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Decadent Dessert


I was given this recipe years ago and I absolutely love it, however I have changed it slightly over the years.  I've heard it called Better Than Robert Redford Dessert, but I make it a little different.  I don't make this often because it is my favorite dessert and is so sinfully good!  It takes a little while to make all the layers of this dessert come together, but oh my it is fantastic!

Decadent Dessert

Crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + 1/4 cup for garnish
1/2 stick real butter, softened

Layers:
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 oz. container French Vanilla Cool Whip
1 tsp. hazelnut flavoring (or vanilla)
2 cups whole milk
2 (3.5 oz. boxes instant pudding, any kind  (I use Hershey's Chocolate)

Combine flour, 1 cup of walnuts and butter.  Mix well and pat into the bottom of a 13x9x2" pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until crust starts to very lightly brown.  Remove from heat and cool completely.  (I put it in the freezer if I am in a hurry).

In large bowl with mixer in low, mix cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.  Gently stir in 1/2 the container of whipped topping.  Spread over completely cooled crust. 

Mix both boxes of chocolate pudding and 2 cups of whole milk.  Beat until pudding firms up.  I generally chill it in the refrigerator just about 5 minutes to help it set up completely. Spread over cream cheese layer.  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.

Finish by spreading the remaining container of Cool Whip topping over the top of the dessert and sprinkle the 1/4 cup of walnuts over the top for garnish.

Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before cutting to make sure it is completely set.  Overnight is best.  Cut into squares and serve.

Oh my, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  You will see why this is my favorite dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment