Friday, July 31, 2015

Sugar Cream Pie


Sugar Cream Pie is my favorite pie!  I love it and try not to make them often because I love it!  I'm sure you all know why!  I'd eat it all! 

Sugar Cream Pie

1 - 9" deep dish unbaked pie crust

3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients well and pour into a deep dish 9" pie crust (unbaked).  Be careful not to overfill because this pie does bubble up and can go over the sides.  I always put mine on a cookie sheet just to be safe.

Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes until pie is firm and set in the middle.  Dust with a little more nutmeg if desired.

Cool at least an hour before eating.  Can be placed in the refrigerator for quicker cooling time. 

I like to heat it up just a few seconds in the microwave if it has been refrigerated.  Nothing like warm Sugar Cream pie with a scoop of ice cream

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment