Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My I Hate Veggies Stir Fry


I hate Veggies!  Plain and simple, I am not a veggie eater.  But, I know that they are important.  So, I try to sneak them in any way I can.  For instance, by adding bell peppers and onions to pizza. I do, however like Zucchini and Squash.  A couple of years ago, I came up with this stir fry that is fabulous. And if I love it, you will surely love it too....even if you don't like veggies.

My "I Hate Veggies" Stir Fry

1 small Zucchini, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 small yellow Squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/2 onion, chopped
5 or 6 Cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. dill
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. real butter
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Add olive oil and butter to a skillet.  Once butter has melted, toss in zucchini and squash cubes.  Add onion and seasonings and saute' for about 15 minutes, stirring gently and often so they don't stick.  Once the zucchini and squash soften and onions are translucent, add the cherry tomato halves.  Saute' another 2 or 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and top with mozzarella cheese.  Cover with lid and allow to sit long enough for cheese to melt.  Serve immediately.

*  If you like, mushrooms can be added to this along with the zucchini and squash.


No comments:

Post a Comment