Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Chicken Ranch Pizza


I love to make homemade pizza. I am always trying new combinations and ways to make my pizza stand out.  Last night I made Chicken Ranch Pizza and it was wonderful.  I like to cook my pizza in a cast-iron skillet. It makes the crust crispy on the bottom.  I also always shred my own cheese.  I never buy pre-packaged cheese.  I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I just prefer freshly grated cheese.  Enjoy!

Chicken Ranch Pizza

1 pizza crust mix (your favorite is fine) mixed to package instructions

3 small or 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices about 1" long
2 Tbsp. real butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil (I use garlic flavored)
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1/8 cup Kraft Cheesy Ranch Dressing

Mix your pizza crust and let set in a warm place for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.  Spray the bottom of your pan (I use cast-iron) with cooking spray.  Gently press the pizza crust into the bottom of the pan and partly up the sides.  Place into a 400 degree pre-heated oven for about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.  This pre-cooking will make sure you have a crispy crust.

Thinly slice chicken breasts into thin 1" strips.  Saute' in skillet, over medium heat, add butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Stir occasionally and cook about 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

In a cup, mix together the Kraft Cheesy Ranch Dressing (or regular if you prefer) and minced garlic.  Spread evenly on the pizza crust using a brush.  Spread the chicken evenly over the crust.  Top with cheddar cheese and then the mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle with the Oregano.

Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 18 minutes until edges of crust are brown and crispy. Remove, cut into wedges and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment