Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Easy Egg Noodle Side Dish


I have always loved noodles.  In fact, when I was little, my dad called me "Noodle" as a nickname.  I still love pasta.  This is such a quick and easy side dish that you can add to almost any meal.  Even though it has a chicken flavor, I have served it with steak, hamburger, etc.

Easy Egg Noodle Side Dish

2 cups wide egg noodles
1 tsp. salt + 1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 can Cream of Chicken soup
4 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. basil

Boil egg noodles in 1 tsp. salted water until done, but not mushy.  Drain water and put noodles back into the pan - reducing heat to low.  Stir in milk, butter, 1 tsp. salt, ground pepper, basil and Cream of Chicken Soup.  Stir  lightly until heated through.

Remove from heat and serve immediately.  Garnish with a little shredded parmesan cheese if desired.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment