Wednesday, January 20, 2016

French Fried Onions


I love those French fried onions in the can.  I put them on salads, eat them with steak, etc.  I love em.  So I thought, hey I can probably make these myself and they would taste even better.  Well, I was right.  I hope you enjoy this recipe for:

French Fried Onions

1 whole onion, sliced as thinly as possible. 
2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick or Jiffy)
Sea Salt for seasoning
2 cups milk

Separate milk and baking mix into two separate bowls.  Heat vegetable oil in a pan, making sure it is about 3" deep for deep frying, over medium heat.  To test the oil to see if it is ready, drop a pinch of the baking mix into the pan.  It will sizzle if the oil is ready.

Separate the onions into thin strips and coat them in the milk.  Immediately drop them into the baking mix, coating them well and shake them off a bit.  Drop them into the oil.

These fry pretty fast, so toss them once or twice and they will begin to brown.  Remove them and drain on a paper towel.  Sprinkle immediately with Sea Salt while they are hot.

These are great on a sandwich, with a steak, on top of a baked potato, or just to enjoy!

mmmm mmmm  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment