Monday, November 30, 2015

Homemade Pizza Dough



I love to make homemade pizza, but I am not a big fan of all of the pizza crusts / dough out there.  So, I like to make my own.  This recipe is so easy and fast and crisps up very nicely.  You can make it thick or thin, whichever you like.

Homemade Pizza Dough

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup warm water (more or less)  I start out with about 3/4 and add more if I need it

Mix flour, baking powder and salt.  Add oil and 3/4 cup of the warm water.  Mix until it forms a ball.  Dough should be easy to handle.  If it is too stiff add more water.  The dough should not be sticky at all, but very easy to pick up and handle.  Dump dough onto a floured surface and knead with your hands for 2 or 3 minutes. 

Spray your pan with cooking spray so that the dough spreads easily.  Roll out with a rolling pin and I pre-bake mine for about 3 or 4 minutes at 400 degrees.  Then remove from the oven and add my toppings.  Finish baking until cheese is bubbly - another 15 to 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment