Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Easy Cheesy Taters



I often make very time intensive and elaborate cheesy potatoes, but when I just want something different and quick, I make these.  They are really good, cheesy and don't take much time.  I love making these in my cast-iron skillet because the cheese gets a little crusty around the edges and it is awesome!


Easy Cheesy Taters

4 medium to large red potatoes, do not peel
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. real butter
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 tsp. Garlic Pepper
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese

Quarter and boil potatoes in salted water (1/2 tsp. salt) for about 5 minutes, just to get them started cooking.  Drain.  Mix seasoned salt and garlic pepper and sprinkle over potatoes.

In oven-proof skillet (I used a cast-iron skillet). Add butter and olive oil.  Place skillet into a 350 degree oven just long enough for the butter to melt.  Remove from oven and add the seasoned potatoes.  

Bake for about 20 minutes and then sprinkle with the cheese.  Place back in oven just long enough for the cheese to  melt and remove.  Serve.

Garnish with diced green onions and sour cream for some extra kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment