Monday, June 1, 2015

Crab Cakes


Crab is my favorite seafood.  But, if you go to a restaurant and order Crab Cakes, they are extremely expensive and not always that good.  A few years ago I went to a restaurant while I was out shopping one day and ordered a crab cake.  And that was all I got was one crab cake on a leaf of lettuce and it cost me over $10.00.  WOW!  I thought!

I tried several recipes until I finally came up with this one and it is fabulous!  Crab meat is expensive at the store, but for about $5.00 I can get four crab cakes instead of one for $10.  Much better deal! 

Crab Cakes

1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs + more for breading outside
2 green onions, finely diced
2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip or Mayo
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijonnaise Mustard/Mayonnaise blend
1 egg - beaten
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
8 ounces of lump crab meat

2 Tbsp. real butter + 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil for frying

Mix all ingredients and then add in the crab meat last.  Stir gently until mixed well.
Roll into ball and then flatten.  Cover both sides with Panko. 

Make sure your butter and olive oil are hot before you add the crab cakes into the pan, otherwise they won't get crispy enough.  Fry about 3 to 5 minutes on each side over medium heat until brown and crispy.  Turn and fry the other side.

Serve immediately.  I like to eat mine with Yum Yum Sauce (Japanese seafood sauce).  It is a little sweet and compliments the sweet crab meat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment