Friday, September 2, 2016

BBQ Chicken Legs



MY grandbabies love my BBQ chicken legs.  My mom has made a similar recipe to this one for years and I have, as usual, put a twist on it to call it my own.  These take quite some time to cook, so be prepared.

BBQ Chicken Legs

6 to 8 thawed chicken legs
2 Tbsp. real butter
1 cup ketchup
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
4 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. basil

I use a cast-ironed skillet to bake my chicken legs.  Melt the 2 Tbsp. real butter in the cast ironed skillet and arrange the chicken legs.  In a bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil.  Using a pastry brush, brush the BBQ sauce onto the legs (covering both sides).  Keep the remainder, because you will brush them again when you turn them the first time.

Bake on 300 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.  Turn the legs over using tongs and brush the other side with the remaining BBQ sauce.  Cook for another 20 minutes and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment