Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Crab Filled Eggs


This recipe came as a fluke!  We were having a pitch-in at work.  Steve brought deviled eggs and I brought crab salad.  So, I took the yolk out of one of the eggs and ate it on a cracker...then thought, "hmmm I wonder what this crab salad would taste like in the egg white?"  Tried, it and loved it. 

When you make this, you can go ahead and "devil" the yolks and eat them on crackers like I did.

Crab Filled Eggs

4 to 6 boiled eggs (yolks removed)  use Whites only

1 lg. pkg. Imitation Crab
1 cup Real Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip if you prefer
4 Tbsp. finely diced onion
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. (just a pinch) of sugar
1 tsp. ground pepper

I put the crab meat into my food processor and just pulse it for a few minutes until it is chopped up.  Then mix the remainder of the ingredients above into the crab by hand.

Slice the eggs in half and fill each egg to heaping with the crab salad.  Chill

Yum Yum!  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment