Thursday, December 17, 2015

Restaurant Review: Magnolia's in Charleston South Carolina


Magnolias Restaurant in Charleston, South Carolina
185 East Bay Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29401

Visit Date:  12-10-2015

My husband and I were recently in Charleston, South Carolina.  What a beautiful city!  The rich heritage and fantastic weather made it a perfect long weekend!  The last night of our stay, we headed downtown and stopped at Magnolias Southern restaurant.  It came highly recommended by several people in the area. 

Magnolias offers a sweet southern charm unlike many I have seen.  The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the staff were amazing!  I'm sorry I didn't catch our waitress's name, but she was very attentive.  (Her name may have been Kim, but not sure)

My husband ordered the braised Short Ribs.  They were fall-off-the-bone tender.  He was delighted with the mashed potatoes and veggies.

I, on the other hand, had to have something native to the area, so I ordered the Trout stuffed with Crab.  Oh my goodness, it was fabulous.  Now, I'm not a big fish eater, but for some reason it sounded good that night and I was not disappointed. 

My daughter always gets on me for not eating enough veggies, so my dinner came with crispy kale and I was not disappointed.  I loved it!  And, the fingerling potatoes were good, although I felt they were a little under-done.

I highly recommend Magnolia's if you are in the Charleston area. 

4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment