Thursday, September 17, 2015

Chicken Cacciatore


My husband and I are neither one big fans of marinara sauce.  So, when I make my chicken cacciatore, it is full of good ingredients and no sugar!  I use a little bit of Catalina Dressing to give it a sweetness, but no Catsupy flavor!  I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Chicken Cacciatore

6 to 8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1  15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1  10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 tsp. Italian Seasonings
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
4 Tbsp. Catalina Salad Dressing
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

Spray an oven-safe pan with cooking spray.  Salt and pepper the chicken thighs on both sides and place in the pan (I use a cast ironed skillet).  Add diced onion, garlic and bell peppers.

In the blender or food processor, combine the following ingredients. 
     Worcestershire Sauce
     Olive Oil
     Catalina Dressing
     Italian Seasonings
     Rotel Tomatoes
     Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes

Pulse to process.  Should still be a little chunky, but smoother.  Place in oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees.  Remove from oven and cover chicken in the mozzarella cheese.  Place back into the oven for about 5 minutes just to melt the cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment