Friday, April 28, 2017

Egg Drop Soup with Crispy Wonton Noodles



 
 
Egg Drop soup is one of my very favorites.  It is so simple to make and I always make myself some crispy won-ton noodles to go along. 

Egg Drop Soup

2 15.5 oz. cans of Chicken Broth
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ginger paste
1/4 tsp. basil pesto
1 tsp. pepper

Bring all ingredients to a boil.  How simple is that!

Crispy Wonton Noodles
Oil for frying
Garlic Sea Salt (or regular sea salt)

Buy a package of premade Wontons and pull out enough to make a good many noodles.  Slice them about 1/4" thick with a knife.  Using your fingers, toss them over and over again until all of the layers are separated.  Drop noodles a few at a time into hot oil.  Test 1 noodle first to make sure it is hot enough.  They take just a few seconds to cook.  Toss them once and then remove to paper towels.  I like to sprinkle mine with Garlic Sea Salt.

Serve the soup and drop some of the Crispy Wontons into the soup.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks pretty good! I will try but I might not use the curry paste.

    ReplyDelete