Thursday, October 13, 2016

Easy Sour Cream Biscuits



Hubby and I ran into an old friend of his the other day.  Somehow we got to talking about cooking and he shared this biscuit recipe with us.  Now, everyone knows I have always struggled with making good biscuits from scratch.  These are one of the easiest recipes I have ever used and yes, Kaitlyn, Grandma actually made biscuits from scratch that TASTE GOOD!    Give this recipe a try!

Easy Sour Cream Biscuits

2 cups self-rising flour
2/3 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Mix well and knead 2 or 3 times.  Cut out the biscuits with a biscuit cutter and place in an oven-proof pan.  Spray the tops of the biscuits with a buttery cooking spray.  Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.  When the biscuits are done, butter the tops.

Personally, I think the next time I make them I will cut some cold butter into the biscuit batter and see if that makes a difference.  

Yum Yum!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment