Thursday, October 22, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Breakfast


A friend of mine recently told me about using Spaghetti Squash to make a breakfast.  I had never had Spaghetti Squash.  I'd had Zucchini and yellow Squash, but never this type.  So, she sent me a recipe, and of course I mixed it up to make it my own...but it turned out really good!  Give it a try....it's pretty healthy!

Spaghetti Squash Breakfast

1 spaghetti squash
     Scoop out insides, remove seeds and separate into strips, wash and spread out a paper towel to dry

4 slices of turkey bacon
     Chop turkey bacon into small pieces and saute' in a skillet until crispy.  Add:

2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. diced onions
Readd the spaghetti squash

Saute' all above ingredients until chicken broth cooks down and then add 2 eggs, beaten with 3 Tbsp. milk.  Stir until combined and remove from heat.  Top with 1 cup fresh grated mozzarella cheese.  Put lid on pan for about 1 minute to let cheese melt.

Serve

Note:  Don't add salt to this recipe.  It is very salty because of the chicken broth.  If you add salt, it will be way too salty!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment