Friday, September 23, 2016

Good morning friends!  I am back from our 3 week whirlwind vacation across the old west.  I have some great foods and restaurant recommendations to share with you throughout the next week.  I hope you enjoy a bit of our travels!

 
 
As we started our trip, one of the first places we stopped was a truck stop style restaurant called The Iron Skillet.  Ray said his steak was cooked perfectly and his home fries were great.   I ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and it came with a biscuit.  I was less than impressed with the biscuit, which had corn in it.  The chicken was a really large breast that was juicy and perfectly cooked and the mashed potatoes were home made.   Now, let's talk about the Gravy.   Whoever cooked that gravy, had a heavy (and I mean HEAVY) hand on the pepper.  It was so very hot that it ruined my entire meal.  What a shame because it could have been fabulous.....  Maybe that's the way the truckers in that area like it, I'm not sure, but Whoa...hold up on the pepper there! 

Well, anyway, I would definitely eat at an Iron Skillet again, but I would probably ask them to HOLD THE GRAVY!

Until next time!  Chow!.....  Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment